Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back to the Basics (#2)

Similar to what I said in my previous post, white shirts are essential. They are one of my favorite things to wear and they look good on everyone. I have been wearing them a lot recently (even more than usual). Just yesterday actually I wore a white button down oxford style shirt with a brown leather jacket. The white shirt is really preppy (from Rugby by Ralph Lauren) while the leather jacket is a lot edgier. It has a double breasted style, with some braided accents and some cool zipper details too. (definitely much cuter than I'm describing.) I paired the jacket and shirt with eggplant colored J.Brand skinny jeans. It took me about 30 minutes to decide what shoes to wear but I went with an edgy pair of ankle boots (similar to Stuart Weitzman's Title ankle boots but not nearly as cute! http://www.stuartweitzman.com/womens-boots/booties/) For jewelry I wore a pair of chandelier style gold earrings with a simple gold necklace and a men's style watch. It was unseasonably warm yesterday so the outfit worked perfectly and I wasn't too hot or too cold (added bonus, however, fashion knows not of comfort but the face you show the world. But I only live by that rule sometimes)

I really like the look of a simple, clean cut white shirt with colored jeans. It looks great on almost everyone and its something that can really be adapted based on what you plan on doing that day or what the weather is. And while I don't approve of people who wear winter clothes in the summer or summer clothes in the winter; this is an outfit that can really transition between both.

No comments:

Post a Comment